Many Indians visit Malaysia every year while many other’s Malaysia visit plan squashes because of visa rejections. Visa rejections not only make you face the loss of the visa fee but also spoils your whole holiday plan. We all try our best to avoid such incidents.
The visa application process is an underestimated process which can go either way. The success of an international trip starts with visa approval. But do we honestly do enough preparation to get our Malaysia visa approved?
Here in this article, we have come up with 10 things you need to know before applying for a Malaysian visa.
Trust me, it will leave no room for visa rejection!
10 Things you Must Know Before You Apply for a Malaysia Tourist Visa
Make sure your passport has at least 6 months’ validity and two blank pages.
You will need to upload a scanned copy of your passport’s first and last pages. A scanned copy of your passport’s pages that show any previous international travel details are also required.
Your photo in the visa application must qualify all the Malaysia visa photo specifications.
All your documents have to be in the PNG or the JPG format.
Confirmed return flight tickets are mandatory and hotel reservations.
A cover letter with your details is required if you are applying for a multiple entry visa.
In case, you are staying with your friends or relatives in Malaysia, do not forget to submit a cover letter mentioning their personal details.
You can not make any changes in your visa application once you make the payment.
On rare occasions, there might be a call for a personal interview at the consulate for Malaysia multiple entry visas.
You can not reapply for Malaysia eNTRI visa within 90 days of your visa approval. Nor you can change your travel date with an eNTRI visa.
Malaysia Visa Requirements
- Scanned copy of the first and last pages of passport with at least 6 months’ validity and 3 empty pages for entry and exit stamps.
- A clear soft copy of your photograph in JPEG or PNG format
- Travel itinerary in PDF format (get it from blinkvisa.com)
- Proof of residence pass in the applied country for expatriates
- A cover letter only for multiple entry visa
Documents required at the entry checkpoints-
When you arrive at the Malaysia airport, you must have these documents ready for inspection.
- Valid passport with which you applied for the Malaysia visa
- Malaysia Visa color printout (eNTRI/eVisa as applicable).
- Boarding pass.
- Sufficient funds (Cash/ Debit or Credit Cards).
- Confirmed returned flight tickets.
- Complete travel itinerary
- Proof of accommodation.
Malaysia visa photo specifications
The Malaysian government is very strict about the photo requirements. Any change in these specifications is one of the top reasons for visa rejection. So one must be very careful. Here are those specifications.
- The Malaysia visa photo size should be 35mm x 50mm
- The photo must be taken against a white background without any shadows
- There should be no frame or borders around the picture
- The face must have at least 80% of coverage without restrictions
- The photo must be taken within the last 6 months
Malaysia Visa Fee
Malaysia visa cost is different for each of the 3 visa types.
- eNTRI visa fee is INR. 2490.
- The 30 days single-entry visa has a cost of INR. 3580
- The Malaysia 30 days multiple-entry visa costs INR 3780.
Here is the actual breakup of the fees.
How to Get a Malaysian Visa easily?
All the above-mentioned points are to be kept in mind only if you apply for your Malaysia tourist visa through Window Malaysia (official website). Instead, if you get your visit visa for this country through Blinkvisa, you can just submit your documents to be relaxed enough to go for the second round of shopping!!!
5 Steps to get a visa for Malaysia @ Blinkvisa
Click on the “Apply for Visa” button.
Give your details and travel plans.
Pay only Rs.500 to initiate the visa application process.
Get the approved visa online in PDF format and pay the remaining amount and download the visa.