Update: This article has been modified with new rule changes as per the Malaysian government for 2020.
When I planned to tour across south-east Asia, I was wondering which country to pick after Indonesia and Thailand. Malaysia caught my eye because of its mesmerising vibe and architecture. In 2014, it would have been a difficult choice because visa processing had many stages then. But today, in 2020, with the Government smoothening the eVisa facility for Indians, getting a Malaysia eVisa is a piece of cake. Thanks to Blinkvisa, I got my Malaysia eVisa at just INR 1900! And not just that, with 100% cashback on the visa fee which you can use to book flights, hotels, activites and much more on their site.
Wondering how? Through this article, I will let you know the Malaysia visa types, Malaysia eVisa requirements and how to get your Malaysia eVisa in just a few hours.
How I got my Malaysia eVisa for just INR 1900 ?
I applied for my Malaysia eVisa with blinkvisa.com. I got my visa within 4 hours once I sent them the supporting documents. Click on the below image to know more about Blinkvisa.
Before we get into the details of how to apply, let’s take a sneak peek on the latest updates by the Malaysian Embassy.
Is Malaysia visa actually free for Indian citizens from January 2020?
The answer is No. Indians do not have a free visa to Malaysia as a tourist or for business purposes. The Embassy has removed the visa fee for eNTRI visa but their convenience and processing charges still apply. The charges are applicable for any kind of entry visa – multiple or single. You can contact Malaysia embassy and find out yourself.
So, what is the new waiver program all about?
Though the Government of Malaysia has announced the waiver program this year, it is only for Malaysia eNTRI visa. Previously, the visa charges were INR 2800 including the visa fee. Now, The Embassy has removed just the fee of INR 1000. But the remaining charges are applicable. But essentially, benefiting all the Indian and Chinese nationals of applying for the visa at a lesser cost!
So, the Malaysia eVisa is not completely free but it can be if you apply via Blinkvisa. Because you get the full cashback of the fee to be utilised for your travel bookings.
To put in a nutshell, do Indians need a Malaysia eVisa to visit?
Yes, Indians require a Malaysia visa. Those who wish to stay for less than 30 days can apply for Malaysia e Visa or eNTRI visa. Others require a long term visa which has to be applied through the Embassy or can even go for 1-year multiple entry visa.
What is Malaysia eVisa?
eVisa Malaysia or Malaysia e Visa has been introduced by the Government in 2017 for enabling Indians to travel to Malaysia for a short period of time on a faster pace for leisure and tourism purposes. The uniqueness about this visa is that you can apply right at the comfort of your home. One need not travel all the way to the Embassy to apply for the visa. The visa is valid for three months and you stay for up to 15-30 days depending on the kind of eVisa.
Popular types of Malaysia eVisa For Indians:
There are four types of Malaysia VIsa for Indians that can be applied by Indian citizens on their own or through authorised agents like Blinkvisa. The requirements for the visa are the same except for their validity and type of entry.
- Malaysia 15 days eNTRI visa
- Malaysia 30 days Single Entry eVisa
- Malaysia 30 days Multiple Entry eVisa
- Malaysia 1 year Multiple Entry Visa
We recommend always going for Malaysia eNTRI visa unless you are entering Malaysia from other countries not mentioned below or want to stay for longer than 15 days. Here is a brief glance on the types and validity:
Please Note: All the visas above are valid for up to 3 months from the date of issue and can be used for both tourism and visit purposes
Is there Malaysia visa on arrival facility for Indians?
Yes, Indians do have Malaysia visa on arrival. However, it is not a dependable visa type as the probability of getting a visa approval depends on the immigration officer and also you might have to stand in long queues to get the visa stamped which inturn is time-consuming.
Reasons to not apply for Malaysia Visa On Arrival
- The cost: Malaysian government charges you USD 100 (RM 330) for each visa whereas the cost for the normal online visa with us is less than half of that.
- Single Entry: Once you exit Malaysia, your visa gets expired. But what if you want to extend your trip? Or visit back next month to soak in the beauty of this wonderful country? You will need to apply for your eVISA once more.
- Only 7 days stay allowed: You are allowed to stay in Malaysia for only for 7 days. Even the cheapest Malaysia online visa allows you to stay for at least 15 days.
- Complications: You need to have a valid visa from either Singapore, Indonesia or Thailand to be eligible for visa on arrival.
- Queue: Believe us when we say the queue is huge. You need to wait for at least 2 hours to get your visa since the queue is that long.
When to apply for Malaysia eVisa or Malaysia e Visa?
- For Malaysia eNTRI visa: You can get the visa in just 4-5 hours. Hence, you can apply this type of visa even 24 hours before your travel.
- For Single Entry eVisa: At least 15 days before your travel as this requires submission of documents prior and it takes 3-4 days for processing.
- For Multiple Entry eVisa: Just like the single entry one, multiple entries also require you to apply at least 15 days before your travel dates.
How to get eVisa Malaysia for free?
eVisa or an electronica visa is a kind of paper visa, which you need to download, take a print and carry along with your travel. With Blinkvisa, you get simple steps to get your visa for free and also below the actual Government fee!
Unlike other fraudulent agents who charge at least 1500 as their agency fee with a false guarantee of visa, Blinkvisa only asks you to pay just INR 100 as agency charges and begin your visa processes. Once your visa is approved, you have to pay the remaining fee.
Beware of fake visa agents:
There are only two websites which we would recommend :
- blinkvisa.com ( 10% payment, 100% cashback of your visa fees)
- windowmalaysia.my (Official channel for Malaysia visa, slow implementation because of frequent website crashes. If you do not provide the correct requirements, your visa can get rejected easily)
Blinkvisa not only gives you the visa faster but also secures your money without any hidden costs. Also, don’t forget, you can up to 11% discount on your flight, hotel and tour activities bookings at Blinkvisa
Your surefire steps for Malaysia eVisa or Malaysia visa online for Indians
Click here to fill Malaysia eVisa form
Once you fill the form, you will receive an email we will contact you and gather your details. Please follow the instructions in the email and send us your documents as soon as you can.
Malaysia e Visa for Indians or Malaysia e Visa (online) fees?
Remember that though the Malaysia government fees have taken off for Malaysia 15 days eVISA as well as Malaysia eNTRI visa for Indians. But convenience and processing charges are still applicable.
Here is a snapshot of your Malaysia tourist visa fees:
Advantages of applying with us:
For queries regarding Malaysia eVisa for Indians call us at +919654125465 or email us at email@example.com
The most cost-effective visa to get when applying for Malaysia visa is Malaysia eNTRI visa which we can help you get approved within 2 hours whereas Malaysia eVisa can take up to 8 working days.
Requirements for Malaysia eVisa and Malaysia eNTRI visa for Indian citizens
You will need to upload the following documents for your Malaysia eVISA or eNTRI visa:
Make sure your passport has a validity of at least 6 months. It also needs to have two blank pages for the entry and exit stamps.
A scanned copy of your recent photograph as per below specifications. When applying with us, if you can send a clear passport photo of you captured in your phone, we can edit it as per Malaysia visa photo size specifications
Your visa application will get rejected if these specifications are not met with. If you are applying for Malaysia visa through us, our graphic designers will ensure the correct specifications.
You will need to upload a scanned copy of your passport's first page. If you have two, scan the first page of the latest one which is valid. This document also needs to be in the PNG or the JPG format. Check the image below to get an idea.
A scanned copy of your passport's last page. The requirements are same as above.
A scanned copy of your passport's page that shows your last international travel details.
Confirmed flight tickets to and from India. This needs to be a PDF document. If you do not have this document we can get temporary flight and hotel for your visa purpose.
Apply through us and we will arrange for this document. You do not have to worry about losing money in case your visa gets rejected.
Confirmed hotel reservations for your entire stay in Malaysia. This also needs to be a PDF format.
Let us arrange for this as well. We have trusted travel agencies in Malaysia that will give your hotel confirmation for your entire stay, something that is required for the application of a Malaysia eVISA. You can make your bookings, once your visa gets approved and not risk your own money.
Malaysia visa on Arrival requirements for Indians
Indian passport holders can get Malaysia visa on arrival if they:
- Already hold a valid tourist visa for either Thailand, Singapore or Indonesia.
- Hold a valid return ticket to India.
- Have at least USD 1000 with you to show as proof of sustenance during your stay in Malaysia.
If you satisfy the above conditions you can get visa on arrival at the following entry points:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2)
- Bayan Lepas International Airport, Pulau Pinang
- Sultan Ismail, Senai Airport, Johor
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah.
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak.
- Tuas - Sultan Abu Bakar Complex (Second Link) ONLY
But is it a good idea to get Malaysia visa on Arrival? Particularly, when it is cheaper, easier and safer to get your Malaysia visa before you plan your travel?
FAQs on Malaysia eVisa For Indians
1. When should Indian passport holders apply for Malaysia eVISA?
Ideally, Indian citizens who want to visit Malaysia as a tourist on eVisa would be better off applying for Malaysia eVISA/eNTRI visa at least 15 to 20 days before departure. This will ensure that you have sufficient time to plan your trip and you can be sure that you are visiting Malaysia getting the tension of some unplanned cancellations out.
This will also ensure that you have enough time to account for delays in your eVISA processing by the Malaysia consulate. But you can apply even one week to 3 days before departure. Since Malaysia eVISA/ eNTRI visa can be got within 2 working days at most. But this is risky and not recommended at all.
2. What is the difference between Malaysia eNTRI visa & eVisa Malaysia?
As this table suggests, the only reason to go for Malaysia eVisa over Malaysia eNTRI visa is when you want to explore Malaysia for more than 15 days. If you are staying for less than 15 days then it is better to go for Malaysia eNTRI visa since it is cheaper. But if your days are not fixed, it is better to apply for Malaysia eVisa.
3. How long does it take to get Malaysia e Visa or Malaysia eNTRI visa from you?
Malaysia eVISA/eNTRI takes 2 working days. The process is influenced by holidays in both India as well as Malaysia. The 2 days are calculated from the day that we acknowledge you that we have applied for your visa.
If there are mistakes in the documents you send us or we need to alter the document to be in tune with the requirements for Malaysia eVisa, then it would take a little bit longer. Also sometimes the visa consulate might not be happy with your documents and want you to
4. How to verify the status of my Malaysia eVISA or Malaysia eNTRI visa for Indian citizens?
You can verify your visa by visiting the official Malaysia website.
- Go to the below link
- Enter your passport number in the first field.
- In the second field, you will need to enter your sticker number. You can find your sticker number in your electronic visa.
- Enter your Malaysia eVisa sticker number from your visa. See the reference image below
If all the information entered is valid, then the website should return record found.
5. Can Indians apply for Malaysia transit visa?
Yes, Indians can avail the transit visa to Malaysia. However, they must comply with certain conditions like:
- Arrival and departure from the same point and not through any other points.
- A confirmed onward flight ticket
- The possession of a valid visa from the following countries. A Transit visa cannot be given those who do not possess these visas:
- New Zealand
- United States of America
- South Korea
6. Should I re-apply for a Malaysia eVISA if my departure date changes but the new date are within 3 months?
No. You do not have to re-apply for a new Malaysia eVISA within 3 months from the approved visa issuance date by the Department of Immigration Malaysia to enter Malaysia.
Submit your review
I was looking for a multiple entry visa for 30 days visit. I was facing troubles applying on official web page. Thanks to evisamalaysia.in for your service in getting my visa on time within 72 hours without any difficulty.
It is a trust worthy fully professional web page with strong customer support.
Authentic website for registering Malaysian tourist visa. I have submitted my application on this website on last Friday. And after 4 days I received my e visa to my registered email address.
I was looking for a single entry visa for 30 days visit. I was confused to take which visa. The customer support people really helped me in finding out the correct visa to apply for my trip. Thank you so much for processing it soon.
Professional services for Malaysian e visa. Thanks for expediting my documents
I was planning to visit Langkawi and KL. And I just enquired that which visa should I apply for to your customer support agent. Bejoys assisted me with my travel plan. And I filled my application form and submitted documents and initial payment as per the instructions they provided. On the second day after playing I got my visa. You are really good in this. Thanks a lot.
Thank you so much I have got my visa within an hour after making my final payment as per the instructions from your customer support agent through email. Also he guided me with further instructions to be made. Thanks a lot it was helpful.
Very professional website for Malaysian visa. I was using it for the first time and it was a nice experience for me.
Your services was good to go with the consulate; I hope so. Because of your customer support I was able to apply for my Visa. And thus I got my visa approved now. This is my first experience of purchasing visa through online website. I will do recommend your services hands website to the needful.
I really did had a pleasant evening with you guys. Your services are really hassle-free and was tension free to.
Thank you for providing the supporting documents for the visa. It was really helpful for us so that not to take the actual flight bookings so earlier