Malaysia is one of the countries which takes their tourism industry seriously, A consequence of this is a blooming tourist industry where tourists spent a total of MYR 83.1 billion (USD 19 billion) in 2016 .
Malaysia also have fairly easy visa process for its tourists . Passport holders of India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, China etc can now get Malaysia eVisa online. This move has been welcomed by many tourists and millions of tourists have made use of this service. We alone had processed around 60,000 Malaysia eVisa in 2016.
In fact, we have had many Indians choosing to visit Malaysia instead of Singapore simply because it was easier to get Malaysia tourist visa online.
Update:- As of 31 July 2018,15 days Multiple entry Malaysia eVISA has been discontinued for Indians, There are only 2 types of Malaysia visas, eNTRI visa and 30 days Single Entry visas. Read our article below to know more about the same.
The easiest Malaysia online visa you can get for tourism purpose is called Malaysia eNTRI visa . You can visit Malaysia for 15 days with eNTRI visa.
What is the difference between Malaysia eVisas ?
This article we will be only discussing about the one eVISA options that we have. Note that we are not talking about eNTRI here.
- 30 days eVIsa
|Name of visa||Malaysia eNTRI visa||30 days eVisa|
|Total days of Stay||15 days only||30 days|
|Visa fees||INR 2800||INR 4000|
|Single Entry/ Multiple Entry||Single Entry Only||Single Entry Only|
|Can enter from?||Direct from India, Thailand, Singapore||Any Country|
|Days before application||2 to 3 days||7 days|
Other than that, both the visas are pretty much even in the purpose that they serve. But if you are travel plan is to stay in Malaysia for more than 13 days, then to be on the safer side we always suggest our customers to take the 30 day visa.
Beware of Fake Malaysia visa agents and scams
First off, be careful of 10s of websites which are online and promise to get you Malaysia visa and once you have completed the payment, disappear all together.
Ideally, make an advance payment of say 10 to 25% before your visa is approved. Once your Malaysia visa is approved, agent will then provide you with your visa identification number which you can verify on the official government website and only then make full payment.
There are only two websites which we would recommend :
evisamalaysia.in ( 10% payment , Malaysia visa experts, have a solid team and customer & chat support ,cheaper option )
windowmalaysia.my (Official channel for Malaysia visa, poor implementation and frequent crashes, cheapest option, visa will be rejected if you do not know what to do)
Avoid all other websites which will only scam you of our money . Ideally speak to the travel agent and clear your doubts before you apply for visa.
What does Malaysia eVisa cost ?
Although, Malaysian government had waived off the fee for Malaysian eVisa, the VFS website still charges fee for every visa that is processed. Below is the actual cost of eNTRI visa when we are about the make the payment to the VFS.
Below is what we charge our customers including our visa processing fee and GST of 18%.
|Feature||30 days eVisa||15 days eVisa||Malaysia eNTRI|
|Visa fees||INR 4000 Approx||INR 3000 approx||INR 2800 approx|
|Days before application||20 days||20 days||2 to 3 days|
Which is the eVisa service for Malaysia ?
To apply for eVisa you can copy paste the link https://www.windowmalaysia.my . But if you do not want to take care of the complicated process and allow us to handle your visa application, then we can do that for you. Our evisa service has been used by thousands of tourist to Malaysia
Once you fill the form, you will receive an email we will contact you and gather your details . You will get your visa soon.
What is Malaysia eVisa ?
Malaysia eVisa is an online document which acknowledges that you have been given permission to visit Malaysia for a period of 30 days as a tourist .During this period, you cannot engage in any kind of employment .
Rules of Malaysia eVisa for Indians
- Visa is valid for 3 months only. You must visit Malaysia within 3 months of your visa being issued.
- eVisa can be used for multiple entry. Once you exit Malaysia, you can enter Malaysia again using the same eVisa document. You need not apply for another Malaysia eVisa if you wish to enter Malaysia within the next 3 months.
- You can stay in Malaysia for a period of 30 days only.
Requirements for Malaysia eVisa and eNTRI visa for Indian citizens
The requirements for both visas are the same for Indian citizens.
- You need passport with validity of at least 6 months and at least 2 empty pages for both exit and entry stamps.
- Malaysia visa requires that you have a scanned photograph of the applicant. This image must be 35mm X50 mm width. Ask your local photo studio to get the scanned image as per specifications. If you are applying for Malaysia eVisa or eNTRI from us, then we will use our graphic designers to ensure that the photo is of the right specifications.
But even we will need your photo as close to the specification as possible. Malaysia visa photo requirement needs you to upload an image which is of either png or jpg format. The maximum size allowed for your photo is 2 MB. If you are applying through us we will make sure of this as well.
Majority of Malaysia visa rejections happens because of the photo specifications. So don’t take the risk and consult the professional of the same.
- Scanned copy of your passport’s first page. If you have 2 passports, one which is expired or old, you need to have a scanned copy of your latest passport’s first page. This page needs to be of png or jpg format and be under 2 MB size. Below is a sample of how your scanned copy should look after you scan.
- Scanned copy of your last page. The requirement for this is the same as above.
- If you have travelled before, you need to upload a scanned copy of page with your most recent return trip stamp.
- Confirmed flight booking with dates entering and exiting Malaysia(if you are applying for Malaysia visa through us, then we will arrange this document for you) . This document needs to be pdf format.
We will take care of getting your flight ticket for the dates that you give us using our travel agent systems. So you are under no risk of losing your money if your visa is cancelled or your plans change. We are in fact your safety net against losing your money before your visa is approved or your travel dates are changed.
- Confirmed proof of accommodation for the entire duration of stay (if you are applying for Malaysia visa through us, then we will arrange this document for you). This document must be presented in pdf format.
Again, we will use our travel agency connections to get you a proof of accommodation for the entire duration of stay, and use that to apply for your eVisa. Once your visa is granted, you can make your own bookings just be on the safer side of things.