Australia visa requirements is a long list of documents. It is confusing to many. But it need not be confusing when are ways through which you can get it with ease. To apply for a visitor visa Australia from India, there are a few mandatory documents and some additional documents as well. The need for the additional documents changes depending on the applicant.
Blinkvisa provides the complete list of all the documents required. Here we will see that list of documents as well as the reason for such a requirement.
- Convert your Australia visa expenses into travel expenses. Get 100% cashback on visa fees and use it for booking flights, hotels & activities for your trip.
- Pay only the initial amount of INR 500. Pay the rest of the amount only after your visa is approved.
- In-home visa assistance pick-up and drop services.
- Free custom travel planning by experts to create a memorable experience & excellent value for your money.
Australia visa requirements
The documents required for Australia visa comes under two categories- mandatory and additional documents. The mandatory documents are common for one and all, whether you are an adult or minor.
The additional documents may vary with the applicant. It can change with the employment status, age, etc. of the applicant. There might also be a demand from the embassy for additional documents.
Mandatory documents for Australia visa
As mentioned earlier, the mandatory documents for a visa to Australia will be the same for all.
- Passport in its original form as well as a copy of all the pages. One must take a copy of all the used pages in the current passport.
- If you have old passports, include a copy of all the used pages and visas, as applicable. Please note that all the copies must be notarized.
Inclusion of the previous visas from Australia or other countries, improve the chances of getting visa approval.
2. Application form and covering letter
- The filled and signed Australia visa application form 1419.
- A personal covering letter that explains the travel plans, accommodation, and personal details. The cover letter should be addressing the High Commissioner of Australia.
3. Australia visa photo
- The photograph requirement for the Australia visa demands that the photo size is to be 3.5″ x 4.5″.
- The background should be white.
- The face should have 80% coverage without any restrictions.
- Make sure that the photo has a matte finish and not a glossy one.
4. Financial documents
Financial documents help prove that you have enough financial stability while visiting Australia. The required documents are,
- An attested copy of the last 6 months’ bank statement. The copy should also have a signature from the bank official.
- Copy of the income tax returns or Form 16 for the last 3 years.
5. Travel documents
- Confirmed return flight tickets
- Hotel reservation or proof of accommodation if there are other arrangements.
Australia visa additional document requirement
The additional documents are supportive in purpose. The additional Australia visa requirements change with the profile of the applicant.
1. An Employee
- Last 3 months salary slip
- Original leave sanction certificate issued by the company with the company seal on the paper.
If you are self-employed, then you need to submit proof of your business.
- Company registration certificate.
- Cover letter on the company’s letterhead.
3. A retiree
- Pension pay order certificate.
- If you are retired from a private company then the last 6 months’ bank statement will suffice.
4. A student
- Copy of the student ID card issued from the respective institution.
- Bonafide certificate
5. For minors/children
- Copy of the birth certificate
- NOC from the parents if the child is traveling alone.
- A signed affidavit on Rs.100 stamp paper, from the non-accompanying parent in case the child is traveling with only one parent.
- A copy of ID proof of parent(s) – PAN card or passport copy.
6. If visiting a friend or family on invitation
- Invitation letter copy from the Australian resident
- Inviters ID proof- passport copy (both front and back pages), or permit copy, etc.
- Address proof of the inviter- Utility bill, Electricity bill, etc
7. If someone is sponsoring you
- Sponsorship letter
- Sponsor’s national ID proof- PAN card or Resident permit
- Last 3 months’ updates bank statement of the sponsor
- IT returns of the sponsor for the last 3 years
8. Authorization letter
You may need an authorization letter if you are assigning an agent to apply on your behalf. The letter will permit the agency to submit and pay for the visa processing on your behalf.
Things to remember
- Each applicant must attach all the relevant documents with his/her visa application form.
- Every applicant in the family should have their own sets of applications and documents.
- When applying for the whole family, only one covering letter is enough.
- In such cases, the covering letter should be by the person who will be sponsoring the expenses.
Australia visa documents required at the immigration
Apart from the above-mentioned documents, you must have another set of documents ready with you when you arrive in Australia. You may have to show these documents to the immigration officer. Those documents are,
The original passport carrying the visa.
Return flight tickets to show that you have every intention of going back to your country or another.
Proof of accommodation in the form of a hotel reservation or the other arrangements.
Medical insurance, especially for elderly travelers who are above 70 yrs of age.
Additionally, you may also be asked for proof of expenses as well.
Please remember that getting the visa approval is not automatic permission to enter Australia or any other country. The ultimate permission is with the immigration officer. It also depends on the documents that you will be submitting or showing as proof.
It is also advisable to carry a copy of all the supporting documents in case they are needed as proof.
How to get an Australia visa from Bangalore?
If you are a resident of Bangalore, applying for an Australian visa is now easy. You can arrange for the visa application processing online. Blinkvisa can help you with the whole documentation part, verification as well as with the scrutiny of the documents before submitting it.
Since the Australia visa application requires you to be present during the submission, Blinkvisa can make sure that you have everything that is required for the whole process.
Type in your destination as Australia and fill in the personal details
Click Book Appointment.
Book an appointment for the pickup of your passport and documents.
Pay just Rs.500 to initiate the visa application process.
A visa expert will explain the required documents to support the application.
Get the passport and documents picked up from your home at your convenience.
The visa expert will help in filling the application. They will also scrutinize the documents and arrange them as per requirement.
Approve the visa application and get an appointment at the embassy.
The visa expert can accompany you to the embassy for the visa submission and with the payment.
The passport will be couriered to you when the visa gets approval.
Pay the remaining amount of the fee at Blinkvisa.
Voila, you are done!
Australia visa requirements FAQs
Is a travel insurance mandatory for Australia visa?
No, travel insurance is not mandatory for an Australia tourist visa. But, it would be convenient and advantageous if you get one.
Is health insurance mandatory while applying for an Australian visa for Indians?
Although health insurance is not mandatory, you should have one. The medical expenses in Australia can be higher.
At the same time, if you are planning for a stay longer than 3 months or 90 days in Australia, you MUST have health insurance.
By default, elderly persons above the age of 70 must also have health insurance. Applications without health insurance are likely to get reject.
What if I have missed a document while submitting the Australian visa application?
If you are applying through Blinkvisa, you need not worry about this issue. There will be 2-3 layers of scrutiny with the documents that there are no chances of you missing out a document.
Can I collect my passport myself when my visa gets approval?
Yes, you can. There are two options- One: you can personally collect it from the Australian embassy in India, two: courier option where the embassy will send the passport via courier service.
How much is the cost for Australia visa?
When you opt for assistance from Blinkvisa the tourist visa fee for Australia from India would be Rs.11,090, inclusive of visa fee, service charges, and GST.
What is the Australia tourist visa processing time?
It takes anywhere between 20-25 days for the processing of Australia tourist visa from India. You will also need to submit the passport to the embassy for the processing.